New Poll

Shoutbox refresh time, and some other suggestions
Lepa
 Posted: Aug 15 2015, 12:35 AM
Quote Post

あはははは!

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 26

Oh, um... Would it be okay if someone could shut off the refresh time for the shoutbox? It has its own refresh button for that sort of thing, and it should automatically refresh anyway whenever you click onto a new page. The reason I ask for this is because I tend to backspace a lot to return to previous pages, but...

user posted image

If you've been on a page for many minutes longer, well...

user posted image

It counts as a new "page" in one's browsing history, making it difficult to move backward (or forward). This was a problem on the the other Jcink forum I used to frequent until we disabled the refresh times.

Ah, for other suggestions... In regards to posts, could you enable other font colors? Tags such as [color=red] or [color=orchid] work, but numerical values like [color=993366] don't. I'm not exactly where in the settings that it could be enabled, though... But it'd be nice to have. I like color coding my posts for character profiles and such.

And avatar sizes... Can you enlarge the fields beyond 64x64? Many of the forum-ready avatars are larger than this size at 240x144, and I was kind of hoping my avatar would be shown at its full size of 150x158...

user posted image

(I edited him into another wrestler's outfit, haha)

In related to that, could you please enable personal photos for all groups, as well? They basically allow you a second avatar but it only is displayed in your profile. In my experience, they're usually restricted to admins (and possibly moderators?) until someone goes in and manually toggles it on for all member groups.

Last thing, but this is a personal aesthetic preference: is there a way to make the forum titles not so... large? Or less all caps...? The forum looks fine but I feel like everything's really big and spaced out. For reference, these are two forums that I'm used to:

user posted image

user posted image

...I mean, if everyone prefers it the current way, would it be possible to get an alternate skin, at least...? If not, I'll suck it up, lol.

Thanks for checking this.

This post has been edited by Lepa: Aug 15 2015, 12:48 AM

--------------------
user posted image
"To rid this world of evil... I will become... the hammer... OF JUSTICE! "
PM
^
Lepa
 Posted: Aug 16 2015, 03:13 AM
Quote Post

あはははは!

Apologies for double posting and I'm very sorry if I seem like I'm pressing too hard, but it seems the ability to edit posts vanishes after a day of posting...? I wanted to edit in that apology to my last post, but I had already edited it previously... and now the option is gone.

If double posting is generally discouraged, I'd suggest keeping the edit button without a time limit... It would keep double posting down if someone has a sentence they'd want to add. And if you're worried about people going back and changing their words around, you can catch them on the fact that edits on this forum automatically have time stamps.

Again, I'm terribly sorry if this seems demanding or anything! I just feel that enabling many of these options would allow more freedom for members' customization, as well as adding a helpful feature for posts. If there are certain reasons as to why these current choices exist, I apologize again.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Fossil
 Posted: Aug 17 2015, 10:17 AM
Quote Post

Owner

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

As for the shoutbox, none of our admins have any problems with this and you seem to be using a browser that doe this, what are you using? It might be that your browser, I am using google chrome (and many members probably are) and never have any problems neither do other members.

We are a newer forum and most of our admins barely know anything about coding and the 2 most active admins that might be able to help are inactive at the moment. I am not sure how to do most of this, do you want to become an admin and maybe help with this in the apply for admin post? It could help us fix some of these things. I never knew editing had a time limit, likely because being an admin you can always edit yours and others posts, so thanks for telling us that.

Also this is the only forum skin we have and was a pain to get somebody to make it for us, plus it might look a bit awkward with not all the letters being capital in the style it is right now. So that is something we likely cannot fix or get an alternate skin for right now, sorry about that.

--------------------
Hi guys, I am the owner! Feel free to ask me or any of the moderators for help!

user posted image

Jurassic World: Vivosaurs- http://tyrannosaurtalk.jcink.net/index.php?act=ST&f=18&t=235
PM
Website
^
Lepa
 Posted: Aug 17 2015, 02:48 PM
Quote Post

あはははは!

As for the shoutbox, none of our admins have any problems with this and you seem to be using a browser that doe this, what are you using? It might be that your browser, I am using google chrome (and many members probably are) and never have any problems neither do other members.

I use Firefox. I opened the forum in Internet Explorer and it has the same problem as well...

user posted image

As I said, this was a problem on another Jcink forum I ran, and several members there had the same problem. No worries, though! Even if you don't have the problem, turning it off just means the problem will stop persisting for me and others who use different browsers.

We are a newer forum and most of our admins barely know anything about coding and the 2 most active admins that might be able to help are inactive at the moment. I am not sure how to do most of this, do you want to become an admin and maybe help with this in the apply for admin post? It could help us fix some of these things. I never knew editing had a time limit, likely because being an admin you can always edit yours and others posts, so thanks for telling us that.

Also this is the only forum skin we have and was a pain to get somebody to make it for us, plus it might look a bit awkward with not all the letters being capital in the style it is right now. So that is something we likely cannot fix or get an alternate skin for right now, sorry about that.

I understand, it's definitely an impressive skin. But it's fine; the default skin you seemed to start with is an available option, so I'm using that instead. I'll look into applying so I can help out a bit around here...

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Fossil
 Posted: Aug 18 2015, 07:10 AM
Quote Post

Owner

Ok, so how do I turn it off?

--------------------

user posted image

Jurassic World: Vivosaurs- http://tyrannosaurtalk.jcink.net/index.php?act=ST&f=18&t=235
PM
Website
^
Lepa
 Posted: Aug 18 2015, 12:36 PM
Quote Post

あはははは!

Ah... oops. I figured out how to do it, but it's up to each individual member to change it in their personal shoutbox settings. Sorry! ^^;

I also figured out that the color coding on this forum requires me to use # before my hex color coding, so I'm back to using my good ol' #3399ff instead of dodgerblue.

Thank you anyway! http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Fossil
 Posted: Aug 18 2015, 04:00 PM
Quote Post

Owner

you can just do and then at the end of that as an example, and above the typing box is all the colors http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Well, just hit quote on this post and you will see the code http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

(and about you changing your custom title, if you are a moderator plz keep it as the moderator title we gave you, it helps members know you are that specific type of moderator)

--------------------

user posted image

PM
Website
^
Lepa
 Posted: Aug 18 2015, 04:30 PM
Quote Post

あはははは!

QUOTE (Fossildude747 @ Aug 18 2015, 06:59 PM)
you can just do and then at the end of that as an example, and above the typing box is all the colors http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

Oh, I know, but this font color isn't in the drop down box is all. My main thing was that I was just confused because I've only had to use "[color=3399ff]" but the coding here requires me to put the # in "[color=#3399ff]", that's all.

QUOTE (Fossildude747 @ Aug 18 2015, 06:59 PM)
(and about you changing your custom title, if you are a moderator plz keep it as the moderator title we gave you, it helps members know you are that specific type of moderator)

Aww, okay. Sorry.

Though... You can also do custom banner titles for that sort of thing, too!

user posted image

The only thing is that it would require making new groups with different names, but that's pretty easy to set up.

Sorry again, just more suggestions. user posted image I'll try to hang back on them, I'm really sorry for seeming pushy.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Fossil
 Posted: Aug 19 2015, 05:39 AM
Quote Post

Owner

I wanted to do banners, but we don't have anyone to do them yet.

--------------------

user posted image

PM
Website
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | Forum Ideas | Next Newest »

Topic Options
Reply to Topic
Fast Reply
Start New Topic
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  

Tyrannosaur Talk @ ThirdOwl
Fossil Fighters © Nintendo (fan site, not affiliated)