New Poll

Frontier Strategy Sharing!
Fossil
 Posted: Apr 25 2015, 02:34 PM
Quote Post

Owner

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

So sadly while we can't fight each other online, we can still make competitive teams until the next game. I always enjoy making teams whether i can use them against my friends or not. So if you want to discuss teams and post one your training here to get advice feel free(although fro advice you could use the Rate My Team sub forum as well)

Please join! Teambuilding can still be fun when we discuss strategies and such!

Here's a team I am working on, but you don't have to include everything i did

Spoiler

Spino (Me): Mainly built around spino, he can use poison fang for poison and has some nice attack power, he's the main attacker of this team.

V-Raptor (Mei-Lian): V-Raptor is in the team for it's support effect. First it gives good support effects, and it evens out Spino's bad support effects. It's also pretty fast and has helped me finish off the team's last vivosaur before they had a chance to attack.

Brachio (Becky): Brachio is a sauropod as most of you know. Sauropods usually have good LP and/or defense from my experience, and brachio does some decent damage and can also withstand a good amount of hits, so it can stay in battle long and if my other two are defeated, it can stay in a few turns and likely take out the other person's last vivosaur before they take out brachio.

My Support Shots:

Attack Up (20)
Defense Up (20)
LP Recovery (5)
Accuracy Up (10)

Mei Lian's Support Shots:
Attack Up +
Critical Up

Becky's Support Shots:
Defense Up
Evasion Up

I haven't tested it online yet, not done training Spino, but I will soon! So what do you guys think?

Remember to post your teams too!
--------------------
Hi guys, I am the owner! Feel free to ask me or any of the moderators for help!

user posted image

Jurassic World: Vivosaurs- http://tyrannosaurtalk.jcink.net/index.php?act=ST&f=18&t=235
PM
Website
^
Wulfraptor
 Posted: Apr 25 2015, 03:01 PM
Quote Post

Pokemon Moderator

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 3

meh I'm trying to build up my various vivosaurs so I can try to play the elemental advantage and I usually if I know what I'm up against I pick my paleo pals accordingly
PM
^
Fossil
 Posted: Apr 25 2015, 03:04 PM
Quote Post

Owner

QUOTE (Wulfraptor @ Apr 25 2015, 10:00 PM)
meh I'm trying to build up my various vivosaurs so I can try to play the elemental advantage and I usually if I know what I'm up against I pick my paleo pals accordingly

Ok, when you have any specific teams planned post them here. This is for teams you would use online or against friends, there strategic, not just throwing some vivosaurs into a team to defeat some npcs. Even if you won't use them online but want to make a strategic team it counts.

What did you think of my team?

--------------------

user posted image

Jurassic World: Vivosaurs- http://tyrannosaurtalk.jcink.net/index.php?act=ST&f=18&t=235
PM
Website
^
Wulfraptor
 Posted: Apr 25 2015, 03:12 PM
Quote Post

Pokemon Moderator

Member No.: 3

no that is my battle plan period if I don't know what I'm up against I throw out penta.
PM
^
Fossil
 Posted: Apr 25 2015, 03:14 PM
Quote Post

Owner

QUOTE (Wulfraptor @ Apr 25 2015, 10:11 PM)
no that is my battle plan period if I don't know what I'm up against I throw out penta.

Ok, well this is the place for actually making teams and judging other's teams, not just saying how you battle or play.

--------------------

user posted image

PM
Website
^
AsrielDreemurr
 Posted: Apr 25 2015, 03:21 PM
Quote Post

Roleplay Moderator

Member No.: 4

my team is always nibbles ankylo and f-raptor all level 30

--------------------
*SAVEuser posted image
PM
^
Fossil
 Posted: Apr 25 2015, 03:31 PM
Quote Post

Owner

Sigh, you guy aren't understanding the point of the thread. Look at my team, it explains why i used each one and actually gives a fleshed out view of the team that people can talk about. By saying things like: I just use whatever vivosaur i best for the situation nobody can talk about that and it's a meaningless post, link said his 3 vivosaurs yes, but why do you choose to use those? We are talking about teams we use online here not in the game, or that we would fight friends with.

If nobody is going to actually give reasons for the vivosaurs they are using why don't you judge my team.

AGAIN: This is for online teams with actual strategy, and unless you say why you use the vivosaurs you have it is just a meaningless post that nobody can talk about, you can discuss better options for a vivosaur or talk about changing the strategy to be better a bit but nobody can do that if you don't give enough info.

--------------------

user posted image

PM
Website
^
PaPierre
 Posted: Apr 29 2015, 05:08 PM
Quote Post

Owner

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 7

Ya know, I have no favorite teams. Depending on my mood, challenges at hand, and whether or not I'm looking for more/less difficulty...my teams will change. Sometimes I intentionally go solo.

My youngest brother has a buttkickingly awesome combination involving Dynal, Igno, and...um...some other Vivo I forget. Haven't beaten him yet.

--------------------
Using Spinax for all BB Bandit activities since 2009.
...you have a nice day.
PM
Website
^
Fossil
 Posted: Apr 29 2015, 05:30 PM
Quote Post

Owner

QUOTE (PaPierre @ Apr 30 2015, 12:07 AM)
Ya know, I have no favorite teams.  Depending on my mood, challenges at hand, and whether or not I'm looking for more/less difficulty...my teams will change.  Sometimes I intentionally go solo.

My youngest brother has a buttkickingly awesome combination involving Dynal, Igno, and...um...some other Vivo I forget.  Haven't beaten him yet.

Cool, but this is for frontier strategies, not the other 2.

I tested my team stated above, it's ok, but they aren't all rank 30 yet around 25 and 27.

--------------------

user posted image

PM
Website
^
AsrielDreemurr
 Posted: Apr 29 2015, 06:02 PM
Quote Post

Roleplay Moderator

Member No.: 4

ok ok, here a actual fleshed out version of my entire load out

Spoiler
Crimson Ravager:(me), i use this guy for basicly everything amazing stats a real power house hitter and can knock any challenger out with his sheer strength

Ankylo Bo:(Drake), i love drakes ankylo, its a total tank that can take a lot of dammage and deal even more back (also reading drakes beserk lines are pretty funny http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/tongue.gif)

Futa Raptor:(Sasuke), i find F raptor to be the one ballanced vivosaur on my team, atleast compared to the other 2 who are tanks, it keeps my team sort of balanced :/

my support shots:
attack up (20)
attack up+ (10)
Lp up (5)
Evasion up (10)

Drakes support shots:

Attack up+
Critical up+

Sasuke's support shots:
Accuracy up+
counter

--------------------
*SAVEuser posted image
PM
^
Fossil
 Posted: Apr 30 2015, 11:56 AM
Quote Post

Owner

QUOTE (linkzwk @ Apr 30 2015, 01:01 AM)
ok ok, here a actual fleshed out version of my entire load out

Spoiler
Crimson Ravager:(me), i use this guy for basicly everything amazing stats a real power house hitter and can knock any challenger out with his sheer strength

Ankylo Bo:(Drake), i love drakes ankylo, its a total tank that can take a lot of dammage and deal even more back (also reading drakes beserk lines are pretty funny http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/tongue.gif)

Futa Raptor:(Sasuke), i find F raptor to be the one ballanced vivosaur on my team, atleast compared to the other 2 who are tanks, it keeps my team sort of balanced :/

my support shots:
attack up (20)
attack up+ (10)
Lp up (5)
Evasion up (10)

Drakes support shots:

Attack up+
Critical up+

Sasuke's support shots:
Accuracy up+
counter

Much better, But you should try it online, that's the real point to discussing these teams, and Sasuke as far as I have used him actually isn't too good online. You'd be surprised how much more difficult online is, even though each player is only using one vivosaur and the other two NPCs.

But you can discuss in game too.

As for me, I used that team too a lot.

--------------------

user posted image

PM
Website
^
StrangePhenomena
 Posted: Aug 12 2015, 04:54 PM
Quote Post

New Fighter

Group: Member
Member No.: 25

I made this team to beat ceratopsians and other vivosaurs weak when facing rearward.

Spoiler
My Team

Carchar (Me)- Its point is to use Tail Bash on what I want to defeat the most such as Penta or Tricera. It also has FP Plus to guarantee that, if I use Tail Bash, Frett has enough FP to use Stake Burner.

Giganto (Frett)- Giganto is supposed to use Stake Burner on what is in its rearward stance. Stake Burner has top-class attack power and, due to its rearward affinity, I think its damage gets multiplied by 50%.

Angato (Olga)- Used for poison and also for Olga's LP recovery and ailment cure support shots.

My Support Shots

Attack Up (20)
Defense Up+ (10)
LP Recovery+ (3)
Balance Up+ (5)

Frett's Support Shots

Attack Up (20)
Critical Up+ (2)
Accuracy Up (10)

Olga's Support Shots

Critical Up (5)
LP Recovery (5)
Ailment Cure (5)

I tested this team online and it was doing well until I actually came across a mono ceratopsian team. I lost and after that I changed my LP recovery support shots to defense up+. I fought the same person again and won with my new support shots. I might change my attack up support shots to attack up+. I've made variants of the team, but the point of team is to use Tail Bash and then have a high powered rearward affinity move to defeat rearward facing vivosaurs. Then I add some other useful vivosaur to complete the team. The problem this team has is that most of my vivosaurs are weak when facing upward, and ceratopsians have mostly upward affinity moves.
PM
^
Fossil
 Posted: Oct 1 2015, 01:04 PM
Quote Post

Owner

QUOTE (StrangePhenomena @ Aug 12 2015, 11:53 PM)
I made this team to beat ceratopsians and other vivosaurs weak when facing rearward.

Spoiler
My Team

Carchar (Me)- Its point is to use Tail Bash on what I want to defeat the most such as Penta or Tricera. It also has FP Plus to guarantee that, if I use Tail Bash, Frett has enough FP to use Stake Burner.

Giganto (Frett)- Giganto is supposed to use Stake Burner on what is in its rearward stance. Stake Burner has top-class attack power and, due to its rearward affinity, I think its damage gets multiplied by 50%.

Angato (Olga)- Used for poison and also for Olga's LP recovery and ailment cure support shots.

My Support Shots

Attack Up (20)
Defense Up+ (10)
LP Recovery+ (3)
Balance Up+ (5)

Frett's Support Shots

Attack Up (20)
Critical Up+ (2)
Accuracy Up (10)

Olga's Support Shots

Critical Up (5)
LP Recovery (5)
Ailment Cure (5)

I tested this team online and it was doing well until I actually came across a mono ceratopsian team. I lost and after that I changed my LP recovery support shots to defense up+. I fought the same person again and won with my new support shots. I might change my attack up support shots to attack up+. I've made variants of the team, but the point of team is to use Tail Bash and then have a high powered rearward affinity move to defeat rearward facing vivosaurs. Then I add some other useful vivosaur to complete the team. The problem this team has is that most of my vivosaurs are weak when facing upward, and ceratopsians have mostly upward affinity moves.

Nice team! I'd suggest seeing if there are other options that fill the purpose but aren't weak when facing upward.

I haven't teambuilt in a while, but I might get back into it soon!

EDIT 1: Well to fix the upward facing problem, I suggest adding some kind of sauropod in there, besides a few exceptions like Argento, they seem to be stronger in that stance for the most part. They also usually have more LP so they can stay in the fight longer.

Febuary 28th 2016 EDIT:

So, I have a tweaked version of my first team, it's only a 1 vivosaur difference, but it can make a difference.

First Team: /// Giants (Reference to them all being in JP3 and either having a big role or being big themselves)
Spoiler

Spino (Me): Mainly built around spino, he can use poison fang for poison and has some nice attack power, he's the main attacker of this team. However, he might have to wait some turns to do any attacks if none of his weaker attacks will help in that situation.

V-Raptor (Mei-Lian): V-Raptor is in the team for it's support effect. First it gives good support effects, and it evens out Spino's bad support effects. It's also pretty fast and has helped me finish off the enemy team's last vivosaur before they had a chance to attack.

Brachio (Becky): Brachio is a sauropod as most of you know. Sauropods usually have good LP and/or defense from my experience, and brachio does some decent damage and can also withstand a good amount of hits, so it can stay in battle long and if my other two are defeated, it can stay in a few turns and likely take out the other person's last vivosaur before they take out brachio.

My Support Shots:

Attack Up (20)
Defense Up (20)
LP Recovery (5)
Ailment Cure (5)

Attack Up +
Critical Up

Becky's Support Shots:
Defense Up
Evasion Up

Second Team: Purple Punks
Spoiler

NOTE: This team only switches out one vivosaur, I might make some entirely new teams soon, but keep in mind that the rest of the team is the same.

Dilopho US (Me): Dilopho can do the poisoning that Spino can do but with less FP needed. His attacks also do decent damage and he's faster than Spino. However, he seems to have less LP than Spino, making it so he can be taken out faster. He also gets the boost meter up quickly, something Spino never did.

V-Raptor (Mei-Lian): V-Raptor is in the team for it's support effect. First it gives good support effects, and it evens out Spino's bad support effects. It's also pretty fast and has helped me finish off the team's last vivosaur before they had a chance to attack.

My Support Shots:

Attack Up (20)
Defense Up (20)
LP Recovery (5)
Ailment Cure (5)

Attack Up +
Critical Up

Becky's Support Shots:
Defense Up
Evasion Up

Both teams are equally good, but sometimes there is a battle that i loose where i wish i used the other variation.
--------------------

user posted image

PM
Website
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Reply to Topic
Fast Reply
Start New Topic
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  

Tyrannosaur Talk @ ThirdOwl
Fossil Fighters © Nintendo (fan site, not affiliated)