Reply to Topic
Start New Topic
New Poll

Would you want a competitive Fossil Fighters metagame?

Would you want a FF metagame?
Yes [ 3 ]  [100.00%]
Wouldn't Mind [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
No [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3
Guests cannot vote 
Fossil
 Posted on Sep 7 2016, 12:31 PM
Quote Post

Owner

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

One of the saddest things about Fossil Fighters is that unlike Pokemon, the new games die out fast.

Why is this? Well, nobody seems interested in doing anything once they finish the game. Likely because it's so underrated and theres never a big enough group that wants to keep playing.

Now look at Pokemon, they have a whole tier system, people can get really competitive about it, and it keeps the game alive because of the community mainly and with a few special mystery gifts now and then. Yet the game gets no new gameplay mechanics or updates until the next game but the current game survives months after.

Here's the thing, I've tried being a competitive pokemon player, I can tell you right now, IT SUCKS. If you are one, I'm not trying to offend you, but it's just not for me. Sitting there and grinding out EV's and breeding is just way too much for me to actually enjoy it.

But what about Fossil Fighters? It has such a big potential with these different vivosaurs and support effects and zones(besides frontier)
to have such an amazing metagame that everyone has time for. The only thing you are doing is training vivosaurs, digging, and thinking about team strategies. None of that grindy and confusing EV or breeding stuff. It's still enough to be competitive. See I would get into a Fossil Fighters metagame because it would take less time and appeals to me more.

The game already has the potential to do this, it's just that not many people take advantage of it and it's not enough to bloom into a big community end goal.

Maybe Fossil Fighters 4 will have a good metagame, who knows, but would you continue building teams and fighting online if it was popular enough?

--------------------
Hi guys, I am the owner! Feel free to ask me or any of the moderators for help!

user posted image

Jurassic World: Vivosaurs- http://tyrannosaurtalk.jcink.net/index.php?act=ST&f=18&t=235
PM
Website
^
TDD25
 Posted on Sep 8 2016, 10:48 AM
Quote Post

The Rhynosaur (Co Owner)

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 21

We've tried it before. Sort of. Ask the Nerd was a periodically updated blog post in which our friend DinonerdDC, aka Derpnerd, would ask typically fossil related triva questions, and reward correct answers with competitive summaries of Vivosaurs. Tiers featured, in order from best to worst, were Tier 1, Borderline 1, Tier 2, Borderline 2, and Tier 3. Hope you brought a shovel, you'll be digging through some comments.

After the rise (and fall) of Ask the Nerd, another one of our good friends, who goes by various names but we just call him Rob for simplicity's sake, created the Competitive Fossil Fighters Wiki, which in hindsight wasn't the best project to let a man with a short attention span do. He's basically left it alone for years so I can't guarantee the content on there being any good or just guarantee the content in any capacity.

Point being yeah we tried. We really did. Sorta.

--------------------
Head Admin of the Fossil Fighters Wiki, stop on by if you're looking for info or want to help contribute to the collective FF knowledge.
PM
Website
^
UNCL
 Posted on Jan 15 2017, 12:45 AM
Quote Post

New Fighter

Group: Member
Member No.: 38

Just for the sake of asking, can everyone agree that Champions is probably the game that'll gain the most traction for competitive play?

--------------------
><> Dunkle ><>
PM
Email Poster
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Reply to Topic
Fast Reply
Start New Topic
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  

Tyrannosaur Talk @ ThirdOwl
Fossil Fighters © Nintendo (fan site, not affiliated)