Music!
Lepa
 Posted: Aug 26 2015, 01:36 AM
Quote Post

あはははは!

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 26

Aye, what do ya'll listen to?

Me, I'm really bad with current pop music, lol. Chances are I'll only know a song if it's really popular or has reached meme status of some sort. Most of the stuff I hear on the radio just doesn't click to me... There's also the fact that I've mostly listened to stuff from video games or anime, haha. It gets kind of embarassing, I've had an art professor approach me twice and ask me what I've been listening to while working on a project... Not sure how to answer with "A THEME SONG OF A HOT BLOODED JUSTICE NINJA". I mean, a lot of people listen to that kinda stuff now though, but it's just kind of weird to mention it to people who aren't part of... internet culture, I guess.

But, ahh... When I was younger, way back in 04/05 or so, I spent a lot of time listening to the Sonic Adventure 2 soundtrack, which... is mostly filled with guitars and stuff, yanno? I think that's shaped my taste and preference. I mean, I'll also take happy, energetic songs or cute ones or super hyped anime openings... I've even a fondness for Broadway musical stuff, buuut... I'm pretty sure I mostly take a liking to hard rock. I believe that's the genre...? Fast paced guitars rocking the heck out. ...Which I find mostly in video games, lol. I've noticed a lot of Japanese hero stuff and and the mecha genre has that sort of stuff I like, especially the latter. ...Heck, as probably corny as it is now, I think you can sum up my prefered music with Dragonforce's "Through the Fire and Flames," hah. Speedy tempo and fantastical lyrics about... some grand battle against the forces of evil, but it's (for the lack of a better word) epic.

Also a mention to Dragon Ball Z Kai's Dragon Soul for being an aforementioned upbeat song with positive lyrics that I totally love. (WE CAN FIND PARADISE, ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS GO GO FREE YOUR SOOOOUUUL)

I've also noticed that since I've conditioned myself to video game music, I'm used to music being associated with a specific thing, like a certain stage or a character's theme song. It makes it... harder for me to grow attached to standalone music, I suppose? So, like... Even if a song from a video game doesn't click with me, I end up forcing myself to learn it? That's what happened with me for wrestling, at least - pretty much every wrestler has his or her own character theme song that plays when they make their entrance, so the audience kind of has to know what their song sounds like. (But hey, it also means stumbling into different sorts of songs types that I wouldn't have found otherwise.) I've also been working my way through a certain fighting game's roster and all of its characters' theme songs...

special mention to Pokemon music from the first two generations for always geting me emotional and nostalgic lol

So what about everyone else? Favorite genre or a particular song you like or are currently listening to or... whatever. Music! user posted image

--------------------
user posted image
"To rid this world of evil... I will become... the hammer... OF JUSTICE! "
PM
^
Fossil
 Posted: Oct 2 2015, 05:41 PM
Quote Post

Owner

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

I understand Lepa! I love minecraft parodies but saying that to someone irl makes you look like a big nerd. I like a few real/modern songs, but not much, and for the ones I do like I won't listen to myself very often.

Recently "Find the Pieces" has been stuck in my head, part of a minecraft song series it's the 3rd and most recent, see all three kind of tell a 'story' and connect with eachother :/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lyu7-Jcyl_8

If you take out one of the lines it actually doesn't sound like it has to be a minecraft song at all!

But yeah, that's what I listen to mostly, but I do like the real song "Happy" and the Jurassic Park theme I just absolutely love.

--------------------
Hi guys, I am the owner! Feel free to ask me or any of the moderators for help!

user posted image

Jurassic World: Vivosaurs- http://tyrannosaurtalk.jcink.net/index.php?act=ST&f=18&t=235
PM
Website
^
DPhegala
 Posted: Oct 2 2015, 11:07 PM
Quote Post

The Dragoness Artist

Member No.: 8

I really like music. I mean REALLY. If I knew more technical stuff with music and could actually understand it, I might consider doing guitar or something as a side-job or career. For me, I don't quite have any particular taste. I do lkke video game music plenty, and piano versions of them. I do like pop, rock, classic and so on. But video game music, particularly the Megaman Zero series and PMD, has a special place in my heart. Which is probably why I seem to like soft/clasdic rock (think Queen and Journey) and most rock, as long as it's not so FREAKISHLY loud. And also probably why I like piano stuff. But like you Lepa, I don't know most of the songs that play on radio. SOME if their melody is catchy, like Uptown Funk became for me and I like it now, or emotional (helps if there's piano), like Stay with Me by Sam Smith.

But my favorite songs?

Songs with lyrics vary for me, depends on my mood.

Video games? ANY VERSION OF CANNON BALL! (Look up Megaman Zero Cannon ball. There are three distinct versions. The original 32-bit [which has some piano], Mythos [I believe it's HARD ROCK, I think] and Hard Revenge from ZX)

But I do have plenty of favorites.

Also, I agree on that you sound nerdy if asked on what you listen to. But I haven't
been asked yet, so I wouldn't fully know.

--------------------
user posted image

Status: Paranoid my phone will die so because I can't come back if it does, I'm mentioning it here.
Credits:
Spoiler
Avatar Used was Made by LoboXero
Banner by Astral Shadow

"I am the courage that fights for beliefs, Fortitude Creed," - Biometal Z; a summary of Zero's beliefs, Megaman ZX
PM
Website
^
Fossil
 Posted: Dec 19 2015, 06:31 PM
Quote Post

Owner

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

Well, I forgot to mention I listen to normal music a lot recently, but it's not like rap or any of that stuff. Things like "Carnivore" and "I Will Not Bow" and "Animal I have Become" are the types of music I will listen to.

There's one type of music I absolutely hate and cannot stand at all, Country, it's so annoying! Every song sounds the same and my parents listen to it all the time. I hate it so much!

--------------------
Hi guys, I am the owner! Feel free to ask me or any of the moderators for help!

user posted image

Jurassic World: Vivosaurs- http://tyrannosaurtalk.jcink.net/index.php?act=ST&f=18&t=235
PM
Website
^
UNCL
 Posted: Feb 13 2017, 01:59 AM
Quote Post

New Fighter

Group: Member
Member No.: 38

--------------------
><> Dunkle ><>
PM
Email Poster
^
PaPierre
 Posted: Apr 29 2017, 05:53 PM
Quote Post

Owner

Member No.: 7

Well...I guess I'm olderish for my age. I like classical music, rock, and blues/jazz. Do NOT like rap/hiphop!!! A lot of todays music is soundbytes 'n' computer generated diddies (with too loud percussion)...and that doesn't really sell me.

I like bands such as the Outlaws and Ozark Mountain Daredevils. I like Daniel Powter and even some music by Katy Perry!

And I'm sure you guys know of We Bare Bears: I like a bit of its music as well.

LEPA, I also enjoy videogame music but won't really go outta my way to get it. That being said, I've been wanting to listen to the soundtrack from Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze; there's one level in particular which has a catchy melody to it! http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif

--------------------
Using Spinax for all BB Bandit activities since 2009.
...you have a nice day.
PM
Website
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
Share this topic:
« Next Oldest | General Discussion | Next Newest »

Topic Options
Reply to Topic
Fast Reply
Start New Topic
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  

Tyrannosaur Talk @ ThirdOwl
Fossil Fighters © Nintendo (fan site, not affiliated)