Reply to Topic
Start New Topic
New Poll

Would you enter a Fossil Fighters Frontier Tournament?

Would you enter a Fossil Fighters Frontier Tournament This March?
Yes [ 3 ]  [75.00%]
Maybe [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
No [ 1 ]  [25.00%]
Total Votes: 4
Guests cannot vote 
Fossil
 Posted on Sep 11 2016, 04:25 PM
Quote Post

Owner

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

So I was thinking, we have more members now, the 2 year anniversary of Fossil Fighters: Frontier is coming up, and we haven't had any special events on this forum, and I'd really like too.

The online game of F3 has died, I cannot find a single person to battle, meaning if 2 people got on at the same time, they could fight each other.

I know I know, F3 is pretty bad and nobody really plays it now (I don't think so anyways) but we can't use the other games clearly, and plus, we never got to enjoy using the online side of any FF games as a forum.
-----------------------------------------------
So, here's how it would work:

You must sign up on what the official thread will be for it as an entrant.

Battles would be at any time chosen between players as long as they are matched up against eachother, there would be a battle thread to report battles in which both players would have to confirm the winner.

Players must register their Nintendo ID so that they will know they are fighting the right people (aka your 3ds name)

Myself and any other helpers would handle the leaderboard and matching up players, there would be a leaderboard within the official battle thread as well.

NOTE: I may or may not enter this tournament, depends on if I can or not in March, however, if I do I'd like to inform you all it will not be biased, if I enter I will not be looking over any teams.

At the end of the month, or the end of all the fights, whichever happens first, a winner will be declared, maybe there will be a prize, maybe not, still thinking about what I could do as a prize, you could also get a custom title as the winner of our first tournament if you'd like.

Players may use the private message system or shoutbox here to communicate before and/or during a match, communication between players will be needed as players pick a time that works well for both of them. You may also use other communication methods but it isn't recommended unless you 100% trust the other person.

WARNING: IT IS SUGGESTED THAT ALL PLAYER TO PLAYER COMMUNICATION IS DONE THROUGH THE FORUM'S PRIVATE MESSAGING SYSTEM OR SHOUTBOX. WE WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING THAT HAPPENS ON OTHER FORMS OF COMMUNICATION SUCH AS SKYPE, FACEBOOK etc. If something happens here please report it to me.
------------------------------------
So it's a rough idea, but we have a few months to smooth it out, I'd REALLY enjoy to do this sort of thing, I really would love it now that our forum is more active and we may have enough players. But we can't without you guys, answer the poll and if we think enough would enter for a tournament, we will do it. Please I'd really like to do this please

--------------------
Hi guys, I am the owner! Feel free to ask me or any of the moderators for help!

user posted image

Jurassic World: Vivosaurs- http://tyrannosaurtalk.jcink.net/index.php?act=ST&f=18&t=235
PM
Website
^
TDD25
 Posted on Sep 12 2016, 12:50 PM
Quote Post

The Rhynosaur (Co Owner)

Group: Administrator
Member No.: 21

Don't have people announce their teams before every match, it can lead to counter-teaming. Instead, have one person who is not competing to register each person's team privately and then randomize the bracket. Alternatively, you can also do a different style tournament, but the idea is the same. Players should register with their Nintendo ID, since that determines who shows up online.

--------------------
Head Admin of the Fossil Fighters Wiki, stop on by if you're looking for info or want to help contribute to the collective FF knowledge.
PM
Website
^
Fossil
 Posted on Sep 12 2016, 01:00 PM
Quote Post

Owner

Group: Owner
Member No.: 1

QUOTE (TDD25 @ Sep 12 2016, 09:50 PM)
Don't have people announce their teams before every match, it can lead to counter-teaming. Instead, have one person who is not competing to register each person's team privately and then randomize the bracket. Alternatively, you can also do a different style tournament, but the idea is the same. Players should register with their Nintendo ID, since that determines who shows up online.

Ah, yes I forgot about the Nintendo ID, and yeah counter teaming would be a problem, thanks I'll add that in the original post.

I think the max number we need is 8 players by the way, more is welcome but under that I suppose we could make 6 work but it would be an awkward format. This isn't the official thread for this tourney, I'm waiting until 6-8 people say they would enter to make it, but everyone has until March to train their teams, and you can train within March as well. You don't have to fight on certain days or anything, like I said, the time is discussed between the players, but finishing this by the end of March would be nice.

Also if anyone would like to help me with this let me know here or on the forum.

And if anyone is still confused, let me know here and when the official thread is out it'll be very clear on the rules as well. Nice to see some people taking an interest though, I've been wanting to do a FF tournament since I started this forum.

--------------------
Hi guys, I am the owner! Feel free to ask me or any of the moderators for help!

user posted image

Jurassic World: Vivosaurs- http://tyrannosaurtalk.jcink.net/index.php?act=ST&f=18&t=235
PM
Website
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Reply to Topic
Fast Reply
Start New Topic
New Poll

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules -  

Tyrannosaur Talk @ ThirdOwl
Fossil Fighters © Nintendo (fan site, not affiliated)